After much contemplation, I’ve finally decided to do a Q&A!
It’s super hard keeping up with bloggers so I enjoy getting a little personal every once in a while so that you can get a better perspective on my point of view. Thank you again to all of those who submitted questions, I know I had said that this post would launch yesterday but WordPress deleted everything, anyhow…the show must go on!
Hope you enjoy!
Q: When are you moving to NYC?
A: Well if it were up to me, I’d be there right now! I’m currently wrapping up my third year in college, with two more to go. I hope to finish my bachelors degree and pack my bags for the East Coast! I have applied to numerous Summer internships in the city, still waiting to hear back, crossing my fingers! But until then the plan is to finish school, and start my career in NYC…what a dream✨
Q: What do you think of the fashion from Miami Vice?
A: Miami what??….ummm… let me look that up!
So, Miami Vice was a television series in the 80’s, well known for its fashion. I would have to say that I always appreciate a suit, I think that a lot of fashion has resorted to more casual wear which saddens me. I enjoy how the main characters always seem to be elevated in their day to day wear! Overall I think that Miami Vice had good fashion for its era with high waisted trouser and not-so tailored suits, but hey the 80’s were the 80’s!
Q: Where do you gain fashion inspiration from?
A: I gain tons of inspiration from well known bloggers, The Blonde Salad, Barefoot Blonde, Gal Meets Glam, Bryan Boy , Song of Style, and many others. I also enjoy getting inspiration from street style looks. I make sure that I observe, get ideas, but also remain true to myself. It’s important to make sure that you don’t lose your aesthetic while enjoying that of others!
Pinterest and Tumblr are amazing sources of street style and architectural inspiration for me! I love gaining inspiration from architecture, I never limit myself to just apparel, you shouldn’t either!
Q: What is TheColorfulPrep’s favorite color to wear?
A: Oh gosh! I knew this one was coming, hmm! I would have to say that I unconditionally love all colors, even those that aren’t bright and cheerful, I’m sure you’re aware of that. If I had to pick just one color I would say PINK! I think pink is such a statement, it’s a show stopping color. So ladylike and fun!
Q: What is your favorite handbag at the moment?
A: EEEEK😬 I have had this long time crush on the Chanel Boy Bag, so I’d have to say its my current favorite! I just think it’s such a classic statement! When its love, you just know!
I love the denim ones, they’re so unique! One day my friends, one day!
The close second is the Celine Nano Luggage tote! If you haven’t noticed I’m kind of cross body obsessed and I don’t think thats changing anytime soon. I love how this little Celine is structured and a shrunken version of the larger totes! Mini is always better!
Q: What are your top 5 favorite brands?
A: Here are my top 5 favorite brands in no particular order!
1) Gucci: I love where the brand is headed, everything looks so wild and crazy and I am just blown away! I’ll take one of everything please! p.s. that suede blue cross body is to die for!
2) Kate Spade: They always know how to maintain a ladylike Blair Waldorf aesthetic and that deserves a major applause! I love all of these prints, the coat on the right and the loafers👌👌
3) J.Crew: I have always felt this unconditional love for J.Crew! Everything is always so fun, bold, and empowering! The brand started to give off these “I’m lost in the shuffle” vibes for a little while there but I’m so glad that its headed back to where it used to be! Very excited for whats coming! Look at those shoes, YES J.Crew, YES!
4) Chanel: What is more classic than Chanel? This eyeshadow, if only I could rock that everyday! Needless to say, everything is looking amazing as always!
5) Prada: These bold stripes were such a hit for me. I also love the earrings! Prada has a special place in my heart! The first designer bag I purchased all on my own was my little mini gold Prada! I don’t regret that purchase, one little bit!
Q: What is your favorite style of sock?
A: Well, I normally wear no-show socks and I’m sure thats not the kind of answer you were hoping for! I kind of want to jump on the socks with Birkenstocks trend because I think its so dorky and cute! I also enjoy when people wear socks with heels, but it has to be done right😁. Anyhow, I do like socks that hit a little above the ankle that are a crazy print.
Q: What are your favorite Instagram accounts?
A: Bloggers aside (I already mentioned them above)
In no particular order, I love @AnaNewYork, @DChaussee , @Splendid_Rags , @DeerChristian_ , and @Space.Ram ! I love my Instagram community, everyone is super unique and I love all the creative minds out there, keep up the good work!
Q: Best photo editing tools?
- A Color Story: I don’t know how I functioned without it! There are tons of filters and it allows you to brighten and saturate and crop and just do about anything you could possibly want to do and I just love it so much! And its Free!
- Adobe Photoshop: I am quite an amateur but I will sit at my screen clicking every button until I get pleasing results! It is such a helpful tool and I can’t wait to learn more!
- iPhoto: Super basic but it does the job! I use iPhoto mainly for its ability to retouch blemishes because lets be honest we love to pretend we are perfect.
You made it out alive! I hope I didn’t bore you.
You deserve this🏆 and this💐 and probably this too🎂!
Let me know what you thought, I’d love to do it again if you’d like that too!